Eastern Residences, Whinny Brae, Broughty Ferry
Situated to the east of Dundee, you will find the historical area of Broughty Ferry. Within easy reach of national links sits a refurbished A listed Edwardian school whose elegant Art Nouveau architecture brings a dignified gravity to its 27 fully restored and modernised apartments.
The original school building was constructed in 1911 to James H. Langlands designs, which pioneered the use of steel beams and placed them within traditional sandstone
building materials. Due to its architectural significance, it has achieved A listed status in order to protect the magnificent structure. The recent internal modifications
remain fully sympathetic to the buildings authentic design and heritage and complement the exterior perfectly.
Eastern Residences delivers beautiful open plan living where contemporary luxury is blended perfectly into the gravity of the original design of the building. The resulting
sense of spaciousness is emphasised in some cases by vaulted ceilings and cathedral windows flooding light into the rooms and in others by the use of mezzanine floors and glass walls.