Flat 4 Orchard House, Orchard Grove
Leven KY8 5XA
Offers Over £160,000
Flat | 2 Bedrooms
This luxury two bedroom apartment within the converted Orchard House which was a former Mansion (Circa 1890). This beautifully presented apartment comes to the market in immaculate condition. This first floor property comprises of hallway, sitting room, dining kitchen, two double bedrooms and bathroom.
Leading from the front door of the grand mansion with private entry system, into large, open communal reception hallway, which features original woodwork and fireplace. A breathtaking cathedral style staircase with stained glass windows leads you to the upper apartments.
Internally the apartments have authentic Victorian style features with original panelling and shutters in the sitting room, almost 4 meter high ceiling, feature fireplace and press cupboard and an exceptional bay windows formation looking to the front over the gardens. The kitchen is fitted with modern units, integrated appliances including electric oven, 4 burner gas hob, plus fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, microwave and dishwasher. The Master Bedroom is simply superb again with the almost 4 meter high ceilings, an impressive triple west facing window with views out over the gardens and a press cupboard. Bedroom 2 again benefits from the high ceilings and sash window. The bathroom is also fitted with modern three piece suite.
The gardens surrounding this property are leafy and green and well cared for by the Factor Management Company, there is a walled orchard garden which has a variety of apple and plum trees for residents to enjoy. This is a beautiful, peaceful location which is very private but with local amenities on your doorstep including Supermarket, High Street Shopping and retail parking with Argos and B&Q along with other major stores. Leven Beach is only a 15 minute walk away which provides access to the Fife Coastal Walk, Playparks, Indoor Play Areas for children and Amusement Arcade.
History of the Property
Charles Augustus Carlow, Chairman and Managing Director of The Fife Coal Company, Shotts Iron Company, The Scottish Mine Owners Defence and Mutual Insurance Association commissioned the building of the house for his family and it was completed around 1890. As Victorians did at the time, he imported trees and shrubs to form the grounds and garden areas including the Victorian Walled Orchard Garden which, like the main building is listed.
He built other stately homes in and around Scotland and as he moved he gave "Carlow House" to the Fife Mining Industry as a respite home for injured miners. As the industry flagged, the house was taken over by Fife Council and was latterly known as Linnwood Hall, a residential school for boys with various troubled backgrounds.
The listed building insurance and property management of the house is approx. £165 per month, this also covers the outside lighting, garden maintenance, internal hall cleaning, and stained glass window cleaning and other necessary repairs. EPC C.
Grand Entrance Hall
Stained Glass Windows
Two Double Bedrooms
21'10 x 18'2 (6.65m x 5.54m)
12'10 x 12'2 (3.91m x 3.71m)
17'8 x 14'6 (5.38m x 4.42m)
13'2 x 12'7 (4.01m x 3.84m)
10'7 x 6'11 (3.23m x 2.11m)