Selling a House
Thinking of moving on to a bigger place, downsizing, relocating to somewhere new or selling an inherited property?
Selling a house can seem like a complex process, but we are on hand to help you with it all – from valuation right through to handing over the keys – with local market insight, a tailored marketing strategy and your own dedicated Sales Negotiator.
We are the market-leading estate agents in the East of Scotland, selling over 1,000 properties across Tayside, Angus, Fife, Perthshire and Edinburgh every year. Our experienced property experts are based in and know their local areas, working closely with you to build a marketing strategy to help you get the best sale price possible for your property in the shortest period of time.
Local market knowledge
Our experienced team of over 60 property professionals are based across our network of offices in Edinburgh, Dundee, Perth, Forfar, Arbroath, Montrose, St Andrews, Cupar, Anstruther and Kirkcaldy. They really know their local market, current conditions and the selling price potential for your property, as well as how best to market your property to reach the widest potential buyer audience.
Pop into your local office to discuss your property sale, drop us an email or give us a call on 03330 430090.
We deal with a wide variation of properties, from one bedroom flats to million pound detached properties, and we will vary our marketing package to suit the property style and budget you have in mind for selling your property.
Our marketing approach:
- Makes sure your property is seen online and offline with options including:
- Property listing on the highly successful Thorntons website, which is fully responsive for desktop, iPad and mobile
- Property listing on the Solicitor Property Centre websites including TSPC, ASPC, PSPC, FifeSPC, ESPC and SPC Scotland
- Property listing on national portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime location
- Social media campaigns
- Targeted advertising campaigns via local and national newspapers
- Connects you with potential buyers through our:
- Extensive mailing list of potential buyers, currently over 10,000
- Gets your house noticed, with:
- Quality schedules in print and digital formats
- High visibility For Sale boards
- Professional photography options
Full support and personal service
- You will have a dedicated Sales Negotiator, looking after you throughout the selling process.
- We are available 7 days a week with extended opening hours, so support is on hand by calling 03330 430090 or online – however best suits you.
- As a full-service law firm, we can also handle the legal aspects of the sale for you, with our legal and estate agency teams working closely together to make the whole selling process seamless.
- We will also arrange a Home Report for you through a chartered surveyor. A Home Report is a legal requirement for selling a house in Scotland, unless it is New Build property that has not been lived in.
- With property selling and buying services all under one roof, you can easily find your next property in the East of Scotland with us too. And if you are selling in Scotland and buying in England, we can handle the whole legal side for you, as we have Solicitors qualified in both Scottish and English law.
We are regulated by The Law Society of Scotland following strict rules of professional conduct.
Contact us to arrange your free property appraisal, for advice on the current market and how we can help you maximise your property sale. Visit your local Thorntons property office, call us on 03330 430090 or email us.Read more